Saturday, September 6, 2014

The good the bad and the ugly

Knowing myself is very critical for the success in trading.

Here is the good part:


1. I'm very good at the bottom fishing. When people are really panic, I start to build my positions. I'm getting better at this each time.

2. I'm very good at the dull market in general. Check the daily chart, the market didn't go anywhere for the last week, It is especially true for NDX for the last two or three weeks.

 3. Relatively good risk control.

Here is the bad part:

 1. I'm very emotional. I get very frustrated if I do the day trading and the market doesn't move at all. It affects my mood.

 2. I'm very bad at dealing with the market drops during the day. Here is the example: check the chart on 9/4/14. Some people are very good at this. I know I'm not good so that I didn't watch the market in the last hour and went to  have a long lunch.

 3. I'm not very humble. I brag and show off my trades on the forums. The market just knows to how to slam at my face at the right time. :-)

Here is the ugly part:

  It still is related to the emotion.  I'm a woman. you know. Sometimes I'm just out of blue and do the stupid things and I regret the action afterwards. It happened 2 times this year.  If it never happens again, I would consider that I really improve.





 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Everyone!

I've become a very mature trader after trading in the stock market for 12 years. I've been very focus and only trade E-min futures a...