Saturday, September 15, 2012

Weekly summary(1421---1474)

I started this week with short positions in my hand. They were in the money on Monday. Monday night, I bought couple ES at 1423 to hedge my shorts. But still short-biased. On the fed day, I sensed big rally, reduced my shorts and switched to long. In the process, I made some mistakes. But I managed to make money.

What happened if I just purely held long positions? (I can't sleep well. LOL). I still have ES that I got at 1423.
By the way, please do't just look at PL. I've spent countless hours doing the researches and backtests. Here are some exmples:
I had used all of indicators in the past.
I programmed the systems to buy/sell.
I read a lot of books including Al Brooks's books (haha, I have to give myself credit on this one. It was so hard to read!)
I went to LBRGroup for couple months.
Anyway, you name it, I might have tried it.
Now I came up with my own style of trading. So far it is working.
Have a nice weekend.








2 comments:

  1. For someone who doesn't "day-trade", your PnL's are now rivaling my top weeks/months to date....hmmmmm! I got some competition! ;-)

    Very nice use of hedging and managing your position.

    I can tell you think like an engineer - I had to go though all the indicators in the past to try them out too as I worked on developing my own system. =)

    Once you have a system that you developed and works for you, it's easier to sharpen and improve on it as you get more familiar with it.

    How did you like LBRGroup?

    I could relate with Al Brooks since I developed my own distinct set of market behavior and pattern names like he did- a true trader's book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, dude. I longed at 1426 and sold 1425 calls. I closed that ES at 1436 and left 1425 call running for one extra day(mistake). I let $100 lost grow into $1400 loss before I closed it. Otherwise I would have made more.

    LBRGroup was ok. I was very talkative when I was there. I pretty much knew what they talked about.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Everyone!

I've become a very mature trader after trading in the stock market for 12 years. I've been very focus and only trade E-min futures a...